Saturday 3 August 2013

First barbel of the season 3-8-13

Ive wanted to get on the river sooner than today,but the with the river being low and clear has stopped me going.With the rain fall we have had this week the river is a better level.I planned to leave home about 4pm and fish a new stretch of the ribble.On arriving at the river,there were two anglers fishing the comfy looking pegs,i headed up river to look for some faster water................

After looking at two pegs i decided to drop into one with the faster flow,tactics,feeder and boilie and p.v.a bag and pellet,both hook baits wrapped in my paste.I up streamed the feeder rod and down streamed the bag rod,time for a brew.......................

I decided to sit it out in the peg after about an hour,i was too relaxed to go roaming.I ended up casting about quite a few times looking for some deeper area,s.At about 8-30 i found a nice deep area,i dropped both rods about 20 yards apart.

At 8-50pm my feeder rod gave two good knocks,im in.After resting the barbel,a quick pic and she swam off strong.I really thought as it went dark i would be into more,that wasnt the case.Anyway a wet net and my first Barbel,happy days......................

No comments:

Post a Comment