Saturday 7 July 2012

7th July New Barbel PB

With all this rain we have been having lately,i knew it would affect the levels of the river.Ive had a stressful week at work and with my barbel gear ready to go ,opted for the river rather than go tench fishing.I arrived at the river at 6am,the mist was rolling and the sun was low in the sky but warm.I made my way to a swim i fancied ,looked down and carried on,could see a rod below all the bank vegetation,damn it.I decided to fish the top end just off the bend.I set up one rod and poured myself a coffee,the river had at least 2-3 feet on it and was pacey.After my brew i put the other rod in and at just after 7am,had my first take,felt a good fish,i had to move up the bank to get the fish under control,slipped and nearly went in ,thank fully grabbed the banks side vegetation and composed my self,netted the fish.A new PB 8 LB 8 i was well chuffed.I went back to fishing one rod.Later in the morning i moved back up river and tried another peg i have had success in and lost my first lead,time for a move,to the tree peg,enough room for one rod and  a cool place to sit.I kept trickling 4mm pellets into the flow ,then had my second take,this girl put up a hell of a scrap,picture taken,didnt weigh her,put her back,then moved back to where i started.The river was really coloured up now and dropping,i had a trout later on and decided i had had enough,Hometime.
8lb 8oz,lovely Barbel and a new PB form this stretch....................................................................

Just a small one,nice fish and a cracking fight.....................................................................................

Obviously someone doesnt like eel,s.But there is no need for this,idiots..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment