Sunday 26 January 2020

Chub & Barbel 25-1-2020

So with not having a river session for so long me and Chris decided to fish a stretch I hadn’t fished before but it involved a long walk a very long walk.We looked at lots of swims but as the river was low and clear we fished an area that had some good flow.Chris went above me in a swim that looked far better than mine .Tactics for me was my quiver rod only and armed with bronze and reds to catch what ever was in front of me .
Looks like more reds than bronze but in fact it was a pint of each .......
 Chris drew first blood early with a nice chub.I had a good pull but no fish.
Casting regular with the maggot feeder produce my first chub .
As the morning progressed I’d had 3 good chub , This one went 3-14.Then things changed for me, I had a couple of hook pulls and lost 2 fish to a snag. Chris then caught his first winter Barbel.
A lovely Barbel and paid of for Chris fishing 2 Rods .

As the day wore on I decided not to target the far bank having lost 4 Feeders and found a deep run in front of me so for the last hour I claimed 2 more chub for 5 in total.An overcast day with a rather cold wind at time’s it was time to leave and take the long walk back over 3 fields , through numerous gates and mud and over styles, will we be back, Damn right we will.

Till the next time, maybe a Stillwater .

No comments:

Post a Comment