Sunday 5 January 2020

First Session of 2020

Well we’re entering a new decade and me and Chris were off Perch fishing .we decided to tackle the bottom end of the lake, me behind the island and Chris in front of it.Id ordered the Lobs from willys worms and they were excellent,speedy delivery as well ordered Monday came Tuesday afternoon.Normally I like to target Perch on the float rod and Centrepin , but on this occasion another rod was put out on an alarm.The weather was overcast but windy and that was followed by some drizzle,Chris netted a small perch before 12 but after getting battered by the wind we moved up the other end of the lake and dropped in a couple of perchy swims.About an hour into fishing the new peg I had a small perch.

The Alarm rod was busy but just in dropped runs due to them pulling on the long sections of Lobs .I was hair rigging the worms on a Korum quick stop and this will altered next time I’m out.Anyway back to the Float .I kept topping up with a few reds every so often over both swims and at just before 2pm my first proper Perch .
1.14 and pleased to get this one . The day was really cold and concentrating on float fishing can be cold and I’m thinking a new winter suit of more layers .Chris was struggling in his swim but was working hard to make it happen.My final bite came at just as the light levels were falling .
1.15 and a good way to end the session.

Happy new year to everyone who visits my Blog.
Till I’m out again, Maybe Perch ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment