Friday 28 December 2018

Sometimes they get away 22-12-18

Me and Chris went on another pike session at the res.We decided to try a different area,the weather was overcast and during the morning we had a couple of showers.My first run came as my float buried and pike no 1 was on the mat.
Chris had his first run not long after on lamprey.Turned out a dropped run.At around 12-30 we moved to another area,both fishing a float and a rod on an alarm.After about an hour my float buried for pike no2 but after unhooking it ,it's gills flared and as I put her back on the mat she slipped back into the water.My second pike of the day on smelt.As the afternoon wore on Chris managed another run on lamprey but that also turned into a dropped run.Just as darkness was falling Chris,s float dipped for his first pike on mackerel.seems Smelt is king on this water for me anyway.
Came at just the right time,we fished into darkness and with no more pike we headed home.
Till the next time bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment