Sunday 9 December 2018

The forgotten Lake 9-121-18

Me and Chris set out today to fish a lake I got obsessed with over 4 years ago,for me it replaced the heartbreaker I'd previously put a lot of time in knowing the rewards,but had to move on away from the circus and the killing of a pike I wanted badly..This trip would see a return for Chris who hasn't pike fished for a long time,.We arrived at the lake with it all to ourselves.We decided to fish the big peg,memories came flooding back for me as we set up.One rod was on an a
Arm with a pollen.second rod was a float rod on smelt.Anyway time to kick back enjoy a chat with Chris and a brew.It was overcast with wind blowing into the bank ,we didn't set up camp as a move at lunch time was on the cards.At around 10 am my float dipped and sailed away.
Not a monster but was pleased with a bite on a lovely lake.At 12 we moved with no further action to a sheltered bay.Chris was like a kid on Xmas day ,he was enjoying the fact he was out after pike after so long.We switch baits around 2pm and waited .We fished into dark but nothing came.On the way home we discussed possibilities for next week and will be back after pike.I think my enthusiasm is coming back,I've missed it.
Till the next time bloggers,Tight Lines .

No comments:

Post a Comment