Saturday 1 December 2018

Pike and Roach 1-12-18

Today would be my first time out for 4 years pike fishing,Chris would be fishing for silvers.I set a bag up with pike gear what I would need but I forgot butt rests,rods were made up of which I had left them last time I was out.So after a bit of modification I had two floats out,one with a pollen and the other a bream.The temps were up,the easterly winds had gone and it was overcast.We were both struggling and Chris had a fish on that hadn't registered on the alarms.
A tiny Roach of which a perch followed .After lunch I wanted to switch a float rod to a ledger rod ,but with no butt rest I looked at my forceps and thought that'll work.So I reeled in the right hand float rod and took the float of and added a lead.
Can you see the forceps .
As the day wore on Chris had another roach but nothing for me.A guy further down Chris photographed a 17 lb pike .Throughout the day there was plenty of fish topping ,a few pike swirls but no action in my peg.
Even these Xmas treats didn't work.We fished into darkness ,packed up but will be back for another trip to the countryside on this water .
Till the next time bloggers .

No comments:

Post a Comment