Wednesday 2 January 2019

New Pike Water 2-1-2019

Well I would like to wish everyone that reads my blog a happy new 2019 and hope you get the fish of your dreams this year.So today me and Chris headed out to a lake where pike fishing wasn't allowed,but as 1 Jan 2019 it was.We decided to fish there today.Upon arrival at the lake there was a few other pike anglers there,now don't get me wrong I expected it might be busy and believe it was on new year day,but it's not my bag and wish we hadn't tried it out so soon.Ive been laid up over Xmas with a bad back for 4 days ,so it was a case of being wrapped up with a slight over night frost.We set up and I decided to fish a float on the other side of a tree in the margin.Chris was fishing a float and an alarm set up.As the morning came to an end I put another rod out,there were so many lines in the water and I thought I'd only fish one rod early doors.We saw 3 jacks come out on the opposite bank but nothing down the shallow end.I spoke to a regular who said quite a few pike came out yesterday but nothing big,so hope of a biggie could be on the cards.As the day wore on conditions looked better as the temps rose.We both fished into dark and with nothing to show for our efforts we packed up.
A close up of my Pencil float.
On one of our trips we met mike who had a light lure set up,he let us have a few casts as he'd caught quite a few pike further down from us.Chris nailed this little fella 3rd cast.A really nice angler,Thanks.
Any way tight lines,until I'm out or were out next,Maybe a Perch session .

No comments:

Post a Comment