Wednesday 17 July 2013

Subline

My line was looking tired last time i went fishing for tench.I was useing synchro xt in 12lb.It kept getting twisted round the rod tip and looked gnarley.So it was time for a change,its been on two seasons.I normally change all my other reels every season.I hadnt got round to changing the synchro.So what was the plan,to buy more or have a change.Id read on the net that people had problems with synchro and couldnt get on with it,personally i hadnt had any issues till now,had i left it on too long ??/?....I decided to have a change and started to look round at various lines.My main priority for the line i wanted had to be,abrasion resistant and had to sink .So off to republic and bought a spool of subline.On examining the line out of the tin,it seemed more supple than xt.Difference in the price between subline and xt,subline £1 more.So soaked in a bucket and spooled on the epix pro,s.A few would say 12lb is excessive for tench and bream,but i need assurance that if i catch a carp im not under gunned.....................
Will be making it debut on sunday,does it do what it says on the tin,will report back with a full report.....
Used it sunday 21 July 2013,Did what it said on the tin,SPOT ON...................

No comments:

Post a Comment