Saturday 1 September 2012

Ginghams fishery 1st Sept 2012

Had a pairs match here today.Arrived at 8-30 to overcast an overcast sky with a bit of chop on the water.By the time the draw was done  it started to turn out nice.The water was like a mill pond all the match.I had 3 set ups today.2 tip rods and pellet waggler.I fished preston method feeder with groundbait and double red maggot on one rod,I fished prestons and pellet on the method and rotated jpz,corn and my favourite tiger fish pellet , all on the quickstop with 4 inch hook length.Two hours into the match i hadnt had a bite.I had 4 swims on the go .Just afrer 12 i had to bites to the maggot rod and landed both carp.i waited over another hour for my next bite on my swim close in.I changed to pellet waggler and had nothing so went back on the close in rod,and with 10 minutes to go landed a nice mirror carp.My total weight was 13lb with my partner managing a small perch.The winning weight was 19 lb 8.Its time now to put the match gear away and get back on the barbel...............................
Ginghams Fishery Gingham Brow Horwich

Steps leading down to the pegs.........................................................................

My biggest fish today a lovely Mirror Carp..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment