Thursday 6 September 2012

3 Barbel

Finally managed a session on the river.Arrived just after 3 and the river was low with not much colour.Made my way up river till i could find a spot with a good flow.Settled in my peg and fished feeder on one rod and lead and bag on the other.I was getting lots of knocks on the tips.After an hour i was thinking of moving when my right hand rod shot off,after a good fight,fish rested in net ,quick pic and back.wasnt long till my right hand rod went again,similar size fish as the first.I decided to stay put now,it wasnt that long before my next fish came along,fought reel hard and felt good,rested the fish in net,weighed at 8 lb 6 oz,quick pic and put back and as usual swam of strong.I stayed into darkness and with no further action,packed up and went home a happy barbler...................................
8 lb 6 oz...........................................................................................................

Same fished took picture of other side,has a smudge on its nose and a bite mark on the other side.

Hook bait that did the damage,Pallatrax Hook size 10 & 3 ellepticals glued together........
Great session 3 Barbel ,well pleased till the next time.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment