Sunday 26 July 2015

Tuesday Night Barbel

After not being on the river for a few weeks,I managed to get Chris out for an evening session on the Ribble.We arrived at 6-45 and made the long walk to where I wanted to take him.As we neared the spot I wanted there were 4 anglers so we carried on and I could see in the distance 2 more anglers,another area I fancied,so we dropped in a new swim to me.
it wasn't long before Chris had his first rap,a roach on a gobstopper sized pellet,lol.My rods were motionless,as we approached dark I recanted one of my rods and Chris cast to a new spot,he was getting lots of taps and me none.I had a really wild rap on my left hand rod ,followed by a small tap,then boom were in.
Nice splasher barbel that fought hard in low water conditions.
After my action Chris lost two barbel in succession to a snag,unlucky mate,till the next time an
Enjoyable evening spent in good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment