Sunday 9 March 2014

Spring is on its way 8--3-14

All week at work i was undecided where to fish,No 1 water was having a work party ,No2 water was ust not fancied and No 3 water is where ust might see some Bream fishing for me.I saw kieth at R31 Phil Kirk talk on wednesday and he said come the river with us,it was on my mind as i headed towards the motorway,turn right or left,decided to go left to a different water,sorry Kieth.....................

I arrived at the water ust before first light,it was really windy as i made my way across two fields,didnt take the barrow,damn....As i closed the last gate i got my first glimpse of the water ,i made my way to the right,plonked my gear down and had a look at several spots,i chose an open water peg,quickly set up and both rods were out just after first light.

Tactics,paternostered smelt in a nice deep area under a tree,the other rod lobbed out at 30 yards was a herring.As i poured my first brew and looked out over the water i couldnt believe i hadnt been here.
At 9-30 my dropper started to move,i un clipped and the fish was moving off,i struck,fish on ,fish off,DAMN....................

I recasted to the same area,same bait and sat back.The morning was quite cold,plenty of activity on the lake with geese,ducks and bloody coots.At 11 i was just  goin to pour a drink and my herring rod screamed off i struck..............................
And this damn coot popped up,another coot run..................................

I recasted to the same spot with a fresh herring.At ust before 12 my herring rod was off again,no mistakes here ,fish on,banked ,picture and released.....................


Not a monster,but a pike from a new water...........................................................

As the day went on i worked my left hand rod and kept the herring rod in the same area,no more action came.Bait fishing finishes on my waters on the 14th march,so off somewhere else next week.



zoomed in on this,anyone lost a spod lol.till we meet again,Tight Lines.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment