Saturday 15 March 2014

Resovoir Pike 15-3-14

My club water you cannot bait fish after the 14th march,so i decided to go back to a resovoir im very fond off.I put a lot of time in on this res and had some nice doubles to 15 lb.I arrived at first light and decided to fish an area that can produce a lot of fish at this time of the year,i put a herring out and had a roaming smelt rod.At 9am i saw another angler approaching,i couldnt believe he dropped in behind me,well thats something i would never do............................................

At 9-20 i had a dropped run,i recast to the same area and at 9-38 i had a take only to have my bait stolen,sums up how things have gone for me of late.......................

At just after 10 am i moved to my favorite spot,over the years ive wrote all the times the fish usually turn up at,this area was always good till 1-45,so i stayed till 2pm,not a sniff.I moved again and decided to fish both rods close in,hoping for a margin muncher..................

This area in well known big fish area,3-30 has always been the golden hour.While i sat there the local robin decided to sit on both rods.................................

My two favourites,both on the right hand rod.........................................................

My day ended in a blank.This water is an absolute heart breaker ,ive seen people come and go,those that cant hack it,and complain over this or that.One thing for sure is you never know when that  float goes or your drop off moves,it could be a monster.

Been ages since i last fished here,still have a lot of great memories of fishing here,will i be back,who knows.
Tight Lines bloggers,maybe one more session to go now,its all gone pete tong since that opening day for me,and i havnt recovered from it,but hey thats fishing...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment