Saturday 9 March 2013

A day on the Res

Finally after weeks of arranging to fish with Lee,we got out today on the res.We hadnt even got walking to the swim,when lee informs me ,ive forgot the maggots.Nevermind we will have to fish deads.I set up and fished ledger on one rod and pat rig on the other.First run for me came at 8-50,unfortunately no fish and no bait.I quickly baited back up with a sardine and cast out to the same area.Lee wasnt havnt much luck. A  brew was needed,re-group and a suggestion led to getting the float rod out as it so happens lee had some worms.Not much was happening on the float.The res was quite low for march down a good 3 foot at least,a slight east wind and a few drops of rain wasnt gonna put a damper on the day,now where,s them pike i said.A quick re think and a maggot feeder was attached,chopped worm and soil added.A cheeky cast under the bridge,tightened  float tip to a slight curve and wait for a drop back,it worked we had a perch each.I put one on my pat rig and the other on my float ledger,Lee had to leave so i now had two  bonus baits.At about 2-30 another run developed on the ledger rod,wound down,im in,it was a jack.Quickly un hooked and put the little fella back.I re casted out a herring and at 3 i had a drop back,wound down to find i had a dropped run.So all round wasnt a bad day,1 pike banked,couple of perch and 2 runs.Probably 3 more sessions to go now before my pike seasons over.Tight Lines........
I took this picture as an example of what you cant see when the waters up,imagine ledgering over this.Always worth keeping an eye out when the waters down so you can see snaggy areas like this......
Lee found this today........Always worth investing in decent gear.................................

No comments:

Post a Comment