Sunday 30 December 2012

Old Estate Lake 30-12-12

A while back i had a conversation in the tackle shop with a chap when buying dead bait,he said didnt know you fished for pike,only oct-march i replied,he said come and fish our lake anytime.So i called him up and arranged to meet him today,he let me in and said its all yours,no one else one.I had a quick walk round and picked an area that looked a good place,depth was about 5 ft .I fished a pat rig a foot of the deck,and a ledgered bait far out on the bottom,baits were small roach and smelt.The water was like a mill pond,flat calm.I swopped the ledgered bait over after a couple of hours to fish closer in,with a change of bait,Herring.
I now was chucking a variety of lures about ,only trouble i had was when retrieving close in i was picking leaves up,so i changed to shallower lures.The morning went without a beep on the alarms.The weather was overcast and a slight breeze on my back,time to move.I decided to move up the bank 50 yard,s.I changed the ledgered herring to a fresher one and cast to some tree,s on the far bank.The other rod i changed to a float and fished a bigger roach at about 3 rod lengths out.I carried on trying lure,s .I decided to try the savagear lip skull and attached a smelt for sink and draw,it worked really well,no takes but an awesome idea.I had to be off the water for darkness,i reeled in both rods and headed down to the bottom of the lake for half an hour throwing lure,s..A lot deeper at this end so will try down there next time i go.My only dissapointment was finding a hand line tied to a tree,which i removed.Probably my last fishing session for 2012,see you all again in 2013.
Savagear Lip Skull.........................

Push the red locating pin through the gill plate....

Once the pin is located,the bait is ready to go,i used a smelt...

This is how it looks with pin located,im going to add a stinger to it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment