Tuesday 1 January 2013

First Pike of 2013

First off all Happy New Year.Decided to fish local today.The plan was to Lure fish and cover as much water as possible with various lures.I arrived just after 9-30 to an overcast day with a good breeze.I started at the shallower part and worked my way round.I saw a few pike strike and tried to tempt them to no avail.I moved to the deeper swims and tried all the usual area,s.I moved up the water and changed to an original big s,re-named the DS.It wasnt long before a pike struck close in,not a big fish but a welcombe start.I tried a few more swims and moved on to a canal.The canal was very windy,tried an area ive fished before,no follows,so walked in the opposite direction,a good walk.I reached a bridge and tried under ,still no follows,my phone rang so sheltered round the back of the bridge.I finished my chat and was about to carry on when i saw another damn pike angler set up,so decided to move,i walked up and as i passed him it turned out to be mark,i knew him lol.we had a quick chat and i moved on.I walked down to a big bend,but nothing.I walked back to go and try an area further back down towards where the van was parked.As i passed mark i did the honours netting a fish and photo,s .An old pike 17.4,very pale almost grey looking,which look as though it had been dragged up the bank at some point.I said see ya too mark and headed off for home.Till the next time.....
Caught on an Original Big S ,Perch Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment