Sunday 12 June 2022

Bradshaw hall Fishery 12-6-22

 So today saw a march with crescent angling club on lake 6.I drew peg 2 , nice peg as I had an island in front and a nice gap for the tip.Plan off attack was the bomb and pellet and slow sinking feeder.I also was going to use a jigga float on the pole at 11metres . I started of on bomb and pellet , in the first hour I managed one carp and a lost carp .The weather was windy or sunny ,nice chop on the water .At 11am I decided I was going to abandon the tip rods and try the jigga float .






I started catching straight away with a bream then a roach then a steady amount of carp. I was really enjoying catching shallow , working the jigga up and down and catching at depths of 2ft to 6 inches . All off a sudden all hell broke lose and Alan in the next peg had lost 4 sections of his pole, Alan went in and nearly got it, I had a couple of casts to try and retrieve it , then someone else tried as it was out of range , it sank .


Alan swimming back to his peg, I felt gutted for him .

I was catching steady all day and building a good weight , I lost about 8 carp in total along the way .As the afternoon progressed I was catching steady . In the last 15 minutes I caught 5 carp, as all out was shouted the heavens opened and it poured down , didn’t see that coming .

1st Darren 116-4

2nd Me 64-5

3rd Mike 51-4 

Eddie managed a great net too with 28-12.

A really enjoyable day, some great weights and the jigga was exciting .

Till the next time , river season start in a few days , need to get the gear ready .Tight Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment