Sunday 4 October 2020

Moss Farm Fishery 4-10-20

 So today was another match with crescent angling club on April’s . I drew Peg 5 and funny eddie drew peg 1 that I fished the other week . I started the match fishing down the track .First put in and I hooked a carp of which the hook pulled and I had to sort another rig due to it getting a knot around the float, always wondered how that happens . I started catching steady with quite a few skimmers and a crucian .The wind was blowing down the lake and even though it was overcast most of the day it wasn’t cold at all.


This was my peg and as you can see the far bank was cut out and I’d set up at 13 m but the wind was bad so I carried on down the track till lunch netting a perch and lovely ide before going on the feeder .


The plan now was to fish bomb and pellet, pinging 8mm pellets into the gap .Over the next two hours I took 5 carp and decided to rest it and go back on the pole .I managed another ide , skimmer and roach on the pole line .At 3 pm I decided the last hour to get me a better weight I’d go back on the bomb .I managed 2 more carp and lost a good fish to a hook pull.

Results 

1st Place Kevin 22 lb 9

2nd Me 19lb 13

3rd 12 lb 12 

So I came 2nd again and those two fish probably cost me the match . Really enjoyed it for a change .


One of two ide I had today , would of loved more.

Tight aliens till I’m out next , Stay safe .

No comments:

Post a Comment