Tuesday 27 October 2020

Moss Farm Fisheries 25-10-20

 So I got invited to another match at moss farm with crescent angling club .I drew an end peg so was happy with that . Tactics would be pole and maggot and bomb and pellet. I plumber up 2 swims and clipped up the tip for the aerator .The weather forecast was sunshine and showers with a strong wind at times throughout the day . I started of on the pole knowing I probably should start on the tip, may regret that later .First put in and I had a small F1 followed by another and the wind was blowing and making presentation on the float difficult .

My swim peg 1 we flat calm before all in .I now switched to the bomb rod and wasn’t long before I was catching only small F1,s. After about an hour I switched to just right of the aerator towards corner of the island and landed over the rope holding it , I managed to get my bomb back but later on it happened and again and had to pull for a break. I concentrated on casting to the aerator for the rest of the match catching slowly and building a weight .

My bait tray , Maggot and pellet 6 & 8 mm.As the match progressed I heard the far end peg was catching well but I had 19 carp now with 30 minutes to go .Id lost 5 carp to hook pulls considering some of the carps mouths I knew why .In the last half hour I managed 4 more carp for a total of 23 carp.

1st place Mark 28 lb 12
2nd Place Me   28lb. 8
3 rd place.         13lb 
So I ended up bridesmaid again in 2 place and losing by 4 ounces , those lost fish cost me . Really enjoyed it and that’s it for matches .

We fished Lily’s lake and was ideal as you can park behind your peg.

Till the next time , Stay safe .




No comments:

Post a Comment