Sunday 13 September 2020

Moss Farm Fishery Irlam 13-9-20

 After a recent conversation with my mate eddie he sorted it for me to fish the match her on April’s Lake with Crescent Angling Club . Upon arrival I couldn’t believe how much it’s changed since I last fished this lake .



The Top picture is the side of the lake we fished and bottom picture is the other side of the lake.Its so mature now it looks really good .Anyway back to the match , I drew peg 1 and would be fishing the pole at 7metres and 10 metres .Bait today would be my favourite chop worm and castor .Once all in was called I was catching from the off on my 7metre line nothing big ,Roach ide skimmers Tench and plenty of small perch .It was a really warm day blue sky’s and the wind was blowing down into my end of the lake .I switched over to the 10 metre line but couldn’t buy a bite . So I went back over to the 7 metre line and I was being inundated with small perch.

A change of plan was needed the feeder rod, bomb and pellet was the tactic .


A nice set of Lily’s to the left of the island would be my attack pinging 8mm pellets over the top.I took two mirror carp straight away in 2 casts , then bumped a bream and then was snapped by a carp that tried to take me in the Lily’s .i kept looking at my pole line and thought you know what I’m going for it on the feeder .As the afternoon wore on it got hotter and the carp were still coming , I’d netted 9 now followed by 2 more and a bream .Then around 3-30 I got snapped again of another good carp.As all in was called I was confident I’d got around 30 lb .



A Pole shot and feeder Shot .

So when it came to the weigh in I knew I’d get in the top 3 as I was hearing further down nor much had happened .

1st place 54lb He wins every week

2nd Place Me 29 Lb 8

3rd Place 20 Lb 10

Eddie finished with 10 lb on the dot.

A really enjoyable day and a nice change for me .


Tight Lines , Till I’m out again , Stay Safe 

No comments:

Post a Comment