Thursday 10 September 2020

It’s Been Too Long 6-9-20

It’s handy having my own blog because I can look back at previous sessions and I did just that.The reason behind me looking back was I was looking for another area to target for barbel and couldn’t believe it’s been seven years since I last fish this area .I arrived at the river just before 7pm giving me plenty of time to get set up and get the rods out.It was a lovely evening and the river had dropped so it was low and clear .There was a nice crease running mid river and my left hand rod would be across river and the right hand rod down stream. Still on the PVA bags with pellet and Boilie . Id just poured a coffee and my left hand rod hopped over ,Nice chub around 3lb.My next bite came at darkness fell.A lovely chub around 5lb at least , I Un hooked it In the river and left it in the net while I set the camera up, I returned and it had escaped from the net . My right hand rod went next with a small chublet . Love fishing this area as you can hear the owls in the trees opposite bank .My next bite was a barbel just before 9pm , not massive but most welcome .
Just a splasher but fought well .
The mist was rolling down the river now as the temps dropped even though it felt quite warm .My right hand rod was off again and another small barbel.
Nice to catch 2 barbel , thought it was gonna be a chubtastic kind of night . I will be back at sometime. Something different this weekend.
Till the next time , stay safe .

No comments:

Post a Comment