Monday 31 August 2020

Got it all Wrong 30-8-20

With all the rain we had last week the river was up and my only chance was Sunday evening to get out .I decided to go back to a stretch I’d fished earlier in the season where I blanked. The river was low and clear and tactics would be PVA bags again . I took the long walk looking at swims along the way I need to try out at some point . As I came round the bend I noticed a few things that put me of those swims, anglers on opposite bank . I carried on walking and found there was someone in the swim I wanted .I carried on walking and found 4 more anglers , now at this point I should of turned round and walked back .I decided as I was there and not much light left I wasn’t walking back .I decided to drop in between , now this is where I’d got it wrong , 2 anglers above and 2 anglers below and me piggy in the middle . I started off fishing downstream , but as the light faded I decided to upstream one rod and downstream the other rod. I’d fished this swim once before and caught there so I knew I had a slim chance . As darkness fell the temp dropped dramatically , my feet were toast but my hands were like ice. I stayed till 10-45 pm and decided I’d had enough. I should of gone round the bend , but we all make mistakes and l knew my fishing was over for a week.

Tight lines , stay safe x

No comments:

Post a Comment