Friday 21 August 2020

One Bite 20-8-20

With the weather changing to showers over the weekend I decided to go on Thursday evening.I arrived at the river at around 7pm and went on a walk looking for a peg not near anyone as there was a few fishing . After getting down to the river bank I poured a coffee and made some PVA bags with a mix of 6mm halibut and some elepticals.I decided to fish one rod mid river and the other rod downstream. It was a warm evening with a slight breeze .Both rods were out fishing by 7-40 so now to wait and re cast each rod after 30-40 minutes .The River was carrying a couple of extra foot but was dropping throughout the evening.As darkness fell I was wondering when I was gonna get a pull a twitch or a full 3ft twitch , but at this point I’d not even had a knock .The coffee was going down and the evening was wearing away .At around 10pm I decided fresh bags on each rod, I put a smaller bag on the down stream rod which I found in my bag and a larger bag on middle rod. I sat back and poured a coffee. Typical first sip and I get a full on 3 ft twitch on the Boilie rod . This was defo a barbel and was fighting like a double , my clutch was melting a few times and at the second attempt I netted my prize . After resting  the fish for a while I lifted the net and was shocked at the size of it , it wasn’t a double but omg the power.
Kind of says it all the smile, well pleased and time to go.
Tight lines and stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment