Saturday 10 June 2017

A Difficult Day for Tench 4-6-17

So it was back to same water with Tench on my mind.It was a nice warm day with bright sunshine and a warm southerly breeze.I had a couple of places in mind but as I pushed the barrow with full view of the lake I saw tench bubbling on the far side of the lake so I was off round there.The plan was different this week,Esp large method feeders,with a sweet groundbait mix,small 10 mm ester berry boilie and an 
Pellet on the other rod.I did say I was not  fishing maggots,but I'd taken some to float fish with ,if I was struggling on the alarm rods.
My Groundbait mix was nice and fluffy,I also chucked a few balls in hopefully to attract the tench and fend the Rudd off,well that didn't work as I was in on my right hand rod with a Rudd on boilie after 10 minutes of putting the rods out.It was getting quite warm now and I was watching the water fizz as I awaited my first Tench of the year.
The bait,ester berry boilies,11 mm S Pellets and coconut Liquid to sweeten my groundbait mix.It wasn't long before my first Tench hit the Net covered in weed.
A lovely Tinca and I was hoping for more.As the morning wore on I was thinking to myself with the sun so bright that maybe there weren't gonna feed.The swim I had chosen didn't suit my centre pin so I decided to move .
The Rods in the jungle peg.I loaded the barrow and moved.I was soon in another peg which may I add the lake was full now so time for some centre pin action.As soon as I dotted the float it was Rudd perch Rudd perch Rudd perch,it was relentless .Then the rain came and as I had no brolly I packed up and left.Cant wait to go back,and with another week till the rivers open I might just leave the river for a few weeks and get back on the Tench.
You would never thought it was gonna rain .Tight Lines bloggers,Till I'm next out.

No comments:

Post a Comment