Sunday 28 May 2017

Rudd Rudd Rudd 27-5-17

First tench session of the season and I arrived at a water I havnt fished before for tench and a maggot approach would be my Gameplan.Now this water has a high stocking off Rudd so I fished maggot corn rigs on both rods with maggot feeders.This would prove to be a bad idea ,any way I chose my peg and was fishing two rods.
It was a lovely day,quite muggy with rain forecast so the plan was too fish till lunch and if nothing happens I had the float rod and centre pin as back up. For most off the morning it was beep beep beep,the Rudd were stripping maggots from my rigs.Then mid morning I had my first bite,a small Rudd wasn't complaining as it wasn't a blank now.At lunchtime I went on the float rod,maybe should of done earlier.I started catching greedy perch from the off,then plenty of Rudd.Nice breeze on the lake and it was cooling down nicely.
At around 1pm the rain came so I retired to the umbrella and decided to scale my rigs down ,strong enough for tench ,but I knew I might get through the Rudd to get at the tench.I kept my right hand rod as it was,changed the rig on the left hand rod.I never got chance to put the bobbin on before the Rudd came like buses one after another,I lost count of how many till I had a bite that felt decent and thought this could be a good Rudd.
1.4 lb and a new PB ,was well chuffed to get this fella.The bites were coming fast and furious and as I had to collect Julie from work I packed in at 5-30.An enjoyable day and will be back,but and its a big BUT,No Maggots on the alarm rods.And the float rod will be out again definitely.Anyway I'm off Bloggers and Tight Lines .

No comments:

Post a Comment