Saturday 18 June 2016

Gingham Fishery 18-6-16

Today would be a match at gingham fishery horwich bolton organised by breaking surface forum.I can't remember the last time I fished here but the owner has put some hard work into altering the steep staircases down to the water and replacing the old wood with flags.
Not finished yet but makes access a lot easier. Anyway back to the match I drew peg 9 and Eddie drew 13.My plan today was to fish the method, pellet wag and slow sinking feeder.Within 5 mins off all in I was into a lovely common on the method, then after a frustrating hour or so saw me catch nothing.There were the odd fish being caught but it looked like the carp were more interested in crusing around rather than feeding.I switched to the wag and after casting endless amount of times and firing pellets out I decided to fish the slow sinking feeder
With a short hook length.It wasn't long befit I was into another hard fighting mirror, but the bites were not often enough to build a decent weight.I managed a Rudd and a bream on the sinking feeder also.
Time for a Tunnocks , a yes another wrap round and another decent mirror carp bagged and a smaller one to follow not long after . Time was running out and in the last half hour I managed to catch nothing.
A few pictures I took during the day 15 anglers took part and the results were 
1st Tony 36 LB
2  Dave 32 LB
3 Browny 15-15 LB
So I came 3 and was pleased to be in the money, a nice day apart from the midges early on.
Nice common from my Haul.
The usual suspects .Tight Lines Bloggers I need to be on the River .

No comments:

Post a Comment