Friday 20 May 2016

Quick Overnighter

Well last Saturday tea time I decided to go for a an overnighter on a local water and try to tempt a carp 
I arrived at the water and had a quick walk round trying to spot some fish ,it was a warm sunny evening and with a temperature drop overnight I chose my peg after spotting a couple of carp ,one rod close in and the other fished too a feature.I got both rods out with a solid bag and a stringer of 6 Boilies on each bag.I got the brolly up and bedchair and settle back with a sandwich and a brew lapping up all the sun.It was round about 8 pm and my close in rod roared off,after a short fight I netted an old warrior.
A lovely mirror on my close in rod...........
After putting the carp back I decided to relax and wait for night too fall.The sun went down and the temperature plummeted about 6 degrees,a light wind and plenty of bleeps as a load of geese came crashing into the water .I managed to drift off at about 11 pm and just after midnight I had a drop back on my close in rod and the fish felt good,but it wasn't a carp it was a big Bream,of which I managed to bump off with the net,as I was half asleep.Rod back out and between losing that bream I was constantly getting liners from bream.At 3-30 am I had a take on my left hand rod and it was a bream off about 4 lb ,not exactly what I wanted at the wee small hours.I decided to bring that rod in and just leave my margin rod out.I was up early with no more takes I re baited both rods and fished till 8-30am and packed up and went home.Learned a lot from the session and will definitely be back.
Tight Lines Bloggers ,Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment