Sunday 3 November 2013

Pike Season 2013-2014

Finally started my pike season today on a new water.Saturday was a windy,rainy day ,hailstone and thunder and lightning.

I arrived at the water before first light and had a walk around the lake,i decided to fish the bay area as you come onto the lake.Tactics,ledgered herring and float fished smelt.

Im not going to go into much detail about the day,pouring rain after i set up,continued throughout the day,but when it stopped in between showers,thats when the bites came,all 5 off them.

My float rose and slid away 3 times,each time i struck to early.
I had two drop backs on the ledgered herring,struck into two heavy fish and both came off.
Must take my Barrow next time.
Learned a lot today from one session and cant wait to go back again,whether i fished badly today or was just plain unlucky,who knows.......................................................

I left before dark,not like me,but needed too,gutted over the loseing the two fish.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment