Sunday 15 September 2013

New PB Barbel 15-9-13

Well i went last sunday back to the peg where id caught 11 barbel from,i presumed they lived there,how wrong was i.Apart from one good twitch where i had a barbel on for all of 10 seconds the session ended in a blank.............................

Last night after working all day,i arrived home at 5-30pm,i sorted my gear and headed up to the river at 6-30.I decided i didnt have the time to get to the two stretches ive fished recently and headed to a new stretch.

Upon arrival i headed up river,plenty anglers on farbank,decided to keep walking.I dropped into two pegs and there was already anglers there.I carried on walking and dropped into a nice looking peg.

Tactics as usual feeder and pellet,bomb,bag and boillie.The river is still low,no colour.I managed to get the rods out before dark,i wasnt happy with the spots i cast too,so left them and waited.

After about 45 mins decided to fish closer,bingo deeper water.I was getting twitches and raps now.I left the rods out in anticipation of a bite.at 10pm i recast both rods,my feeder rod i plugged with paste,and a big ball round the hook bait.

At 10-20 i had the 3 ft twitch you want,i couldnt believe how strong this fish was,i was trying to guide here under my other line,she made 2 good runs on the clutch,then within netting distance,netted her second attempt.I rested her as i admired her in the net,i removed the hook and when ready to a take picture i noticed she had another hook length hanging down,removed it and quick pic and put her back,she was strong to swim off but was sulking in the margins.
9.2 well pleased..........................................
Id forgotten my pebble charger connecttor and my phone ran out at 10-50,i fished on for a while ,packed up and walked back down river,i couldnt believe how far i walked,my legs are aching today,but it was worth the effort and i knew going today was the right  choice,due to the weather,and it paid off.
Tight Lines,Till the next time........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment