Sunday 1 September 2013

The Barbel Run Continues 1-9-13

I arrived at the river just after 5pm and it was the last day of august,so summers now over,who knows could get an indian summer yet.I headed down stream and decided to fish a swim 40 yards from where i fished last week.After 40 minutes i decided to move back into the swim i had barbel from last week.It wasnt long before the bomb and bag rod  roared off and my first barbel 5.15.It wasnt a warm evening at all .felt quite cold at times.I had another splasher barbel not long after the first to the same rod.

As Darkness fell i had another splasher,then 30 mins later a 6.8 barbel.Was this going to be like last week,no it wasnt.....I had a chub followed ny my first ever eel and a foul hooked eel.I packed up at 1 am .
I was happy with my haul and headed back to the van,my only sour note was 3 anglers up stream shining torches all the time and one had a lamp on permanant,rant over............................
5.15.........................................


Splasher no1


Splasher No2 ...............................


I have not used braid for barbel for two seasons now,so out with the striptease and made my own combi rig
i just stripped 2 inches below the eye of the hook,it worked well last night...................

The 6.8 barbel i caught in the dark,picture didnt come out,something i need to sort with the new camera

Till the next session,tight lines................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment