Saturday 21 September 2019

Lovely Evening On The River 21-9-19

Well what a lovely week we’ve just had very little rain and the forecast was quite high temps for September .Getting to the river when the levels are bang on never happen for me so upon arrival the river was low and quite clear .Peg was chosen and decided to fish one rod upstream and one down stream.The plan was to keep the feeders going in till dark every 20-30 minutes with a mix of 4mm pellets , Crushed halibut pellets and a good sized tin of hemp and a small amount of groundbait.Even though the weather was glorious the wind was blowing downstream, Quite a warm wind of which was shaking the tips on my rods.By the time darkness fell I hadn’t had one knock or twitch .The midges were playing there part in annoying me as I sat there wondering if I should change something or leave it as it was.Out of the blue I had a knock on my right hand rod so after 5 minutes sitting hoping it would pull over I decided to reel the rod in and switch to a different pellet and within 5 minutes of casting out I had a good pull and barbel on .
First barbel to the net and well pleased.I decided to recast both rods now and put some more bait out 
there.I re baited my left hand rod with a fresh boilie and the same again a big pull and fish on this wasn’t a Barbel but felt good.I looked into the net and a chunky chub so I decided to weigh it .It went 4lb 7oz and I was surprised as it looked bigger .

Was really chuffed not had a decent chub for a while .I had a smaller chub later on and pleased with my haul I decided to call it a night.
Till the next time Bloggers .

No comments:

Post a Comment