Sunday 15 September 2019

Two Different Stretches of River

So last weekend I went to my favourite stretch, a long walk but had the Rova barrow to get there .The river wasn’t carrying much water and I decided to fish an area that the flow looked good on the far bank . I fished one rod upstream and one down stream.It was a lovely evening to be out and the temps were supposed to drop a lot come darkness.So keeping this short and sweet apart from 3 or 4 twitches and one pull I managed one bite and that was enough for me .
So a trout falls to the net on a boilie .

So last night I decided to fish a stretch I haven’t fished for over a year .It was a really nice evening, plenty of ducks wanted feeding of which I obliged with a few freebies .The peg I fished I had to slightly fish it differently as the far bank had another angler so I moved down and with a chance of putting a rod later in the area I wanted if he left. With both rods out it wasn’t long before a vicious pull and my first barbel hit the net .
Just a small one.  Wouldn’t normally take a picture but always like the first fish in case I don’t catch anymore Barbel.As Darkness fell you could hear the barn owls and a kingfisher skimming the river for food.My next bite was another trout followed by a nice chub .I kept the feed going in and as I sat there having a Decaff I decided to re cast and as I got up my rod hopped over and my second barbel was in the net .

Biggest barbel off the night.
The moon was glaring so it basically killed it so I packed up and left.
Till the next Time .

No comments:

Post a Comment