Sunday 25 August 2019

The Hot Weekend 25-8-19

well it’s been a really hot weekend with temps reaching 28 degrees up north and choosing the right evening to go and fish the river I decided on today as the temps would be more comfortable .I prepared my bait at home,4mm mainline pellets,crushed halibut,tin of hemp and a good squirt of flavour .i decided which stretch I’d go to as I’d watched the levels and the river looked spot on the bite. I arrived at my peg and decided to fish pellet on one rod and boilie on the other rod.with both rods out I kicked back and had a brew.It was a lovely evening the ducks were out looking for food as usual.it was still quite warm and the sun was dropping down in the distance when my right hand rod hooped over and a small barbel graced the net, then as I was resting the fish my left hand was off.With both fish netted i sorted out the mat.
So a quick snap and got them back it wasn’t long before a dace  took a liking to a 15mm boilie.
So after all the havoc as the sun dropped further in the horizon off the river darkness was looming and I re cast both rods out and waited .It was cooling down fast so at around 9-30 it was time to get the coat on and have another brew .In the distance I could hear what sounded like a chainsaw which echoed in the distance which was annoying .The midges were out and the grass was now getting damp but still no more bites.I was recasting every 20 minutes to get some bait out there and now both rods were being fished with boilie.I would have to wait till 10pm before my next bite and a small barbel graced the net.I finished off my last coffee and at 11pm the rod hooped over and I would have my 3 Barbel off the night .

The biggest of the night and well pleased.Time to leave and can’t wait for next time.
Till I’m out agin Bloggers .

No comments:

Post a Comment