Wednesday 21 August 2019

Back on the River 20-8-19

finally got to fish the river with Mike we’ve been trying what seems like ages to get out together for a session and we got out last Night .I took him to a stretch he hadn’t fished before and after a good walk we reached the area i suggested .It was a lovely evening , plenty of ducks looking for free food.The  river was low but had a nice colour and the far bank crease looked good for one rod and downstream for the other rod.We were both getting twitches , but my rod went first and a nice splasher barbel graced the net .
Nice start for me and first barbel of the season.As the evening wore on mike was getting chub wraps and then I was until a good pull and all he’ll let loose , the fish had kites to my left and got wrapped up in my down stream rod , but after a bit of careful angling the fish was in the net and wasn’t badly tangled .

A lovely chub , ain’t complaing.At about 8-30 the far bank saw 4 anglers turn up and this was now an awkward situation , so mike said let’s mived and we managed to walk 180 yards down stream to another area and had both rods out .I kicked back and poured a coffee and then the drizzle cane of which I couldn’t believe it after the forecast wasn’t showing rain.At around 10pm I had another barbel around7lb.Picture to follow.
We were getting rather wet when mike finally caught a splasher barbel and it was time to leave soaked but happy .Great to have a session with mike and hopefully more to follow .


No comments:

Post a Comment