Monday, 12 September 2016

A Change Of Plans 11-9-16

Well I was supposed to be going bream fishing on a resovoir but that all changed at the last minute with various things getting in the way off me going,so off to the River for a spot off Barbel fishing yet again,Love them.I arrived at my swim at around 6-30 pm and a change of usual tactics due to it going dark earlier now.I decided to put out 4 good feeders full of my feeder mix on each rod,then rest the swim while I got my hook baits ready.Usual stuff really ,pellet on one,boillie on the other rod.So it was a case of cast another feeder full out on each rod,leave them and hope the fish are drawn up river to my spot.
Looking at the moon it looked good for a bite,a nice evening,blue skies,warm breeze and a nice ripple on the river with fish topping everywhere.The plan now was to cast again before dark and not recast till I was getting knocks or pulls on the rod tip.In day light hours I had one knock and what looked like a chub pull.The light was fading,darkness was nearly upon me and I waited in anticipation for that 3 ft twitch.
What a lovely setting and a beautiful sky line.Once it went dark,now bear with me I didn't log any times down ,but between 8-15 pm and 8-30 my left hand pellet rod roared off and after a good fight I had my first barbel in the net.
9.6 and what a belting start,really pleased with this one,put up a hell of a fight in low river conditions 
I had put the fish back and this is where it all went a bit Pete Tong.I had left my hook length I had removed from my first barbel and left it around the bank stick I use for self takes,so I removed a new hook length form my bag and was baiting it up,and I might add looking to my left not watching my rod
And oh my god it nearly flat lined,I hadn't set the clutch correctly,it was now on the floor and in all the commotion I managed to compose my self,fish still on.The barbel had other ideas and took me in a snag,which I can only describe as a boulder,I walked down river to try to slacken the line off and this may I say did the trick,as I was playing it towards the net,my line parted,fish off,I wasn't a happy man I tell ya.I decided to re make the rod,I checked the line and it was all rubbed up,I cut the damaged line and set up again and recast to the same spot.Within 5 minutes of that bait being in the water my rod ripped off and it lasted 40 seconds when the hook pulled ,I thought it was goin to be one of those nights,school boy stuff.Anyway I sat down poured a coffee,checked my hook,it was sharp as hell I recasted to the same spot and sat back reflecting on what the hell was going on.Within 10 minutes I was in again on the same rod,a short fight and another barbel graced the net.
A lovely looking barbel,now where's ya momma I chuckled.I recasted and sat back,it was a lovely evening and it wasn't even 9-30 pm yet and I had seen plenty off action already .I can't remember what time it was but not long after my left hand rod is off and another good fish,I kept glancing at my other rod which was now twitching and that rod was off too,luckily I had netted barbel no 3 ,and now I had a chub in the same net not that long after.I decided to take a picture of the chub while I rested the barbel in the net.
Not a big chub,but a lovely fish........
My last fish off the night.8.13 and what a session.This made up for the lost fish and was really pleased with how things turned out.Between 10-30 pm and 11-15 I had no further action so I called it a night 
And made the long walk back down river.
Till the Next Time...."........

No comments:

Post a Comment