Sunday 15 June 2014

Friday 13th June 2014--B-B-B-B-BREAM

It never really occured to me it was friday the 13th,i was going fishing and that all that mattered.I was loading my barrow and realised id left my shelter pegs at home,Damn................................

I arrived in my swim set up the brolly by using two Philips  screwdrivers as pegs,i pushed my barrow round the back of the brolly and bungeed up the brolley to the barrow.Next step was putting sleeping bag on the bed and the bed collapsed on one side,the damn wheel you tighten had come off,i bungeed the bed.LOL

Omce id clipped up both rods and mixed up the bait,i went for a walk and fortunatly found the wheel,thank god,any way lets get fishing.One rod was fishing the method,with micro,s,dead mags and some live mags.
The other rod was fished solid bag with dead reds and live red and white maggots with micros,hook baits were boilie and fake maggots.The plan was to cast every 30 mins till dark,my last casts were at 10-20 pm then it was time to relax and get some rest.

I forgot to take any repellent on my last trip,not this time and glad to report no bites.I nodded off about 12pm with the alarm set for 4 am to re cast.

At 1.30am a single beep woke me to a few more and after a good fight i slipped the net over a lovely big bream.........................................................
10 lb and a new still water PB.........................................

I re baited and cast out back to the spot,cleaned my self up,climbed back in bed and awaited the 4 am alarm call.when they say things happen in 3,s..my landing net broke at the thread,Damn not good and didnt have another net,just the net and spreader,no to worry,back to bed..........................

I woke at 4 am and there was a slight mist on the water,i could see nothing moving so decided to have a snooze,at just before 5 am the same rod was off and after a good fight another big bream graced my broken net,weighed and picture took,9.8.

A great session for what is a huge expanse of water and pleased with the results from my time fishing the venue.Im tempted to go back as i dont think the tench have spawned,but as i write the rivers open in just over an hour and my mind is wandering there.........................................

Till the next time,tight lines bloggers and if your waiting to cast in on the river,Good Luck............

No comments:

Post a Comment