Sunday 20 October 2013

A Rising River 19-10-13

I set off for the river yesterday tea time,driving up the m61 i realised i hadnt made a flask,Damn............
I arrived at the river when  the heavens opened,lashing it down with thunder and lightning,i stayed in the van till it cleared,within 10 minutes off it stopping i was set up and up streamed one rod and down streamed the other.

It now would of been nice to be sat there with a hot coffee.The peg i was in was one i had wanted to fish for a while,but was always taken.The plan was to fish for 20 mins then move.I hadnt been in the peg long and had my first barbel,just a splasher...........................


It wasnt long after the same rod went again and i lost the fish,my hook link came back snapped,probably on the bedrock.I reeled my other rod in and rolled meat for half an hour,knocks and twitches,but no takes.


The swim.................................................

At 7-30 i moved up river and decided to drop on a bank where i could move easily,what a mistake.The river was rising and i had to keep moving back,the leaves and weed were playing havoc,i moved two more times and finally gave up at midnight,i lost another fish aswell.Apart from the weed and leaves,the weather was perfect.I wanted to fish the opposite bank but decided not too,maybe a mistake,but thnk i should of stayed in swim 1 and sat it out,its a learning game...........................................


I have really enjoyed my barbel fishing this season,i dont really want it too end,with the weather staying mild
i might try to get out again one night next week......................................................
Till the next time ,it could be Pike,who knows lol............................

1 comment: