Sunday 26 May 2024

Tench Part 2 24-5-24

 I couldn’t go to the lake early so I headed up there before lunch stopping of to pick up some bait . I arrived at the lake to find I had a good choice of pegs .My main problem was where did I fancy .The big difference from the last session was I took the float rod and rod pod set up of which I left in the van in case I wanted to swap over later .This time I had an array of baits . Corn, maggot , meat , pellet and lob worms .The peg had plenty of room and I set about fishing in 4 foot of water fishing the lift method .


My side tray with all my baits .Now the plan was to fish the float rod and see what happened .There was a lovely breeze blowing into the peg on a warm wind .I spent ages plumbing up looking for a good spot.I fed red mags and pellets , there was Rudd there but nothing like the last session . So I’m a couple of hours in and next minute my rod gets pulled of the rest and into the water , this was all my fault .luckily for me it went about 30 yards and stopped in the reeds . My problem now was getting it back , do I go back to the van for my other rods and cast to retrieve it . I decided I had to go in , so I stripped of , used my landing net pole to get a feel of the depth and waded out . I found it easier to walk on the reed line , I got the rod and waded back . Lucky for me I always have a big towel lol. So because of the disturbance id made I decided to put another swim in . I’d made my mind up to sit it out on the float and that was a big mistake . I managed 3 Rudd and a perch . I fished till I couldn’t see the float . So no tench again . 

So till the next time bloggers , can’t wait .

No comments:

Post a Comment