Friday 1 October 2021

Moss Farm Fishery 30-9-22

 I got invited on another match with crescent angling club .Lovely day with occasional clouds and sunshine .I drew Peg 9 .I plumbed up two swims , one at 10 metres and one at 2+2 . I would be feeding 4mm pellets and fishing corn .I decided for the first hour I would fish bomb and pellet .

It took just over 15 minutes for my first carp , then disaster hand balling the carp to my keepnet it managed to wriggle and I dropped it in the water . Not a great start .

I Managed another 2 carp in the hour then went on the pole . The 11 metre line was proving tough then I noticed after a while my float was sitting right , somehow it was tangled near the hook length ,I tried to sort it and couldn’t so I went on my other line .This line was proving tough also ,back to the tip and a couple more carp then back on the pole .Then another disaster , my float shot under carp on and it was off like a rocket taking a lot of elastic, I managed to gain control and then the hook pulled at the net and the rig went up a tree.I could see down the bank other anglers caring so an all out attack on the tip was where I started catching again , I had a bream and 4 more carp.All out and from a brief chat I may have framed a place .

1st place Alan 32-14

2nd place Kevin 30-4

3rd place me 25-1

I need to get my act together now we’ve had rain and get on the river with all this rain we’ve had and sort out my Pike gear for winter .Till the next time .



No comments:

Post a Comment