Saturday 22 February 2020

The one that got away 22-2-2020

The last session me and Chris had were 2 weeks ago on a low and clear ribble, we both blanked and the day after the ribble burst its banks at over 6 meters .So with all the rain and poor weather we were back out today chasing Roach .we arrived at the venue and headed to our usual pegs. The weather was strong winds and a big tow on the water.I was using a combination of maggots and castors in the maggot feeder and for hook baits I was using maggot on one rod and an 8mm dumbell on the other rod.During the morning Chris had managed 2 small roach and not the usual stamp we had been catching and I remained bite less . I carried on casting every 15-20 minutes and getting the feed out there awaiting a bite .I looked at my phone at 1-35 and couldn’t believe I was still blanking , the conditions were right, the area we were in we’d done well before so where were the roach.I decided to come in on a 30 yard line on both rods . At around 2-20 my right hand rod went into meltdown it was a screamer , this wasn’t a roach. After slowing the run down the carp kited to my left looking to take me into some tree roots, this was a decent carp putting my Avon rod to the test and after guiding it from the trees it went on another powerful run and then the hook pulled.I was gutted , not only had I lost a decent fish ,it just wasn’t my day.Chris managed another small roach and I did fishing further out later on .As the light faded we packed up just before the rain arrived .

Till the next time, hopefully the river will calm down and this rain will finish.Caused a lot of problems around the country not for fishing , But floods, my heart goes out to those who have been flooded .
Tight lines Bloggers .

No comments:

Post a Comment