Saturday 21 December 2019

Change of Plans 21-12-20

Me and Chris had planned to go to the river today we was hoping the levels would be fine but after checking this morning we decided to go and fish for Roach at a Stillwater.Upon arrival Chris dropped into his Fav peg and I went to one further down.Usual tactics , maggot feeders and helicopter rigs .From the off I was into quite a few roach with Chris struggling At times both rods were going off for me .
Never seen a white goose while I’ve been out fishing.Before lunch I’d caught two pound plus roach, off which one had cormorant damage .
Nasty mark on the roach, shame I had nothing to treat it.
The damaged Roach.

Chris has by now caught a few but not many,seems where he’d normally have the shoal in front of him and they were in front of me.
Another nice roach hits the net.
Another lovely roach .

Chris later nearly had his rod dragged in and the fish wasn’t on long before it snapped him, shame we didn’t get to see it, probably a carp. I carried on catching steadily up to 3-30pm and lost count how many roach I actually caught and one skimmer to my bag.
The day started of with rain and turned into perfect low cloud and low pressure We fished into dark and with nothing more I went home well pleased with the session.
Till the next time .

No comments:

Post a Comment