Sunday 29 December 2019

A Cold Day For Perch 28-12-19

Well it’s been a while since I fished for perch and this water hasn’t thrown anything decent for me so I decided to go give it ago.First job was too dig up some lobs from my garden at home as I can’t buy any locally,with quite a few in the bucket it was time to load my rucksack up with Perch gear and Go.
Upon arrival I wanted to try a swim I hadn’t done before, but didn’t fancy fishing with the wind in my face so I headed to an area I’ve heard produces good perch .I would be float fishing with my centre pin, feeding reds over a Lob on the hook.It was nice and overcast for much of the day with the odd bright spell but that wind bit right through me .

During the morning would see my float dip several times with only one perch , a small one .I kept those maggots going in and occasionally recasted to my baited spot.It would be around 2pm my float went and when I felt the resistance I knew it could be a decent size.I netted my prize and a nice chunky perch it was.
1lb 9oz and a nice result.I continued fishing till just before sunset but the cold got the better off me and I packed up.
Till The Next Time Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment