Saturday 20 October 2018

A Tale of Two Pegs 20-10-18

Today's session would see me out with Chris again at one of our local waters.I arrived first before Chris as he was at a work meeting and set up on the far side of the lake as the pegs we normally fish were taken by carp Anglers.Tactics were Avon rods fishing for roach and bream with red maggot and chopped worm.
My Peg and rods out fishing,Chris arrived and he set up further down the bank .As the sun broke out the temperature was like a summers day.I was into skimmers from the off and Chris had an early crucian ,of which for this time of the year is unusual on this lake.
As the morning came to an end Chris was into some lovely bream and I was catching more skimmers and a roach.The sun went in and the fishing got good again more skimmers for me and a nice perch for Chris.
As we went into the afternoon I was hoping the roach would switch on but the skimmers kept coming for me and more bream for Chris .I decided to just fish one rod now for roach and put the other rod out for Perch,but with only worm my confidence wasn't high ,Lobs rule for me ,so I put lots of chopped worm in my maggot feeder topped with the maggots .
Chopped worm and maggot my baits today ...............
Probably the smallest Chris caught.He caught some decent ones to 3-4lb .He caught some cracking bream today and probably the warmest October day I can remember .
My helicopter rigs I was fishing today.The skimmers kept coming for me until the light was going and Chris caught another cracking bream.No look on the perch rod.So time to pack up as darkness crept in and what a great day.Chris did really well with a good haul and I was busy but nothing to shout about.Another enjoyable day and look forward to what happens next.
Tight Lines,Till next time .

No comments:

Post a Comment