Wednesday 5 September 2018

First Double of the season 1-9-18

So time to get back on the river again and was slightly lower than last week.My First session with Chris today so hopefully I put him in the right area .I fished both rods down stream same way as last week with pva bags,boilie and pellet hook baits.From the off Chris was getting twitches and I was really hoping he was gonna catch .The temps were 22 degrees a lovely warm evening sat in a long sleeve t shirt .i was gettin a few twitches and as it was goin to be dark soon I was hoping we would be in for some barbel action.Just before 8pm and my left hand rod was off,felt like a barbel at first but was a good chunky chub around 4 lb.As the light levels dropped now we sat back and the temps were a couple of degrees lower and everything felt good.As the river was low we were casting every 30 mins up to an hour.I felt for Chris as he was getting the odd twitch his swim was lively earlier with fish topping and now seemed dead.He up streamed one off his rods looking for a bite.It was long before I was getting a couple of twitches on each rod and a good one off a Bat.At 10-30 my left hand rod ripped off and what a fight in low water,I could feel the barbel hugging the bottom and my heart was racing as it melted off a few times before she was finally mine in the net.

10lb 2 and my first double of the season.I was well chuffed after a difficult night in lower conditions.I really felt Chris did everything right tonite and I'm sure they,ll come by buses mate,Be patient.
Nice to be out with Chris in great surroundings.
Tight lines ,need Rain .

No comments:

Post a Comment