Sunday 10 June 2018

A Day On The Dam 10-6-18

Today would see myself and Eddie fish Carr mill dam for the first time.We normally have feeder fishing sessions during the year ,but last year we didn't .So with Eddie wanting to go barbel fishing and me wanting to fish Carr mill,it was a no brainer to get a ST Helens ticket,this would enable us to feeder fish the dam and also fish Easton for barbel.Todays session would see bright blue skies,hot weather and probably not ideal feeder fishing weather.I fished peg 76 and Eddie 75.The parking was easy and a short walk on good paths to our swims.Bait wise ,corn ,maggot,dead maggot,pellet and groundbait .We both put out around 8 feeders full each and waited.Eddies first bream came after 30 minutes ,but he bumped it off.I waited an hour for my first bream.The fishing was slow,basically a waiting game hoping the fish would switch on .
This was my far bank marker.I was really pleased with my casting,on the money every time.
Eddies swim .
Sat waiting .
Then the boat came out and still didn't get the fish going.
Eddie with a nice bream .
The fishing was really difficult today and Eddie took the first feeder match ,my turn to buy biscuits.
Scores Brocky 4 Browny 3.
Not a great days fishing,but as always a good day out,learned a few things and can't wait for our next one.
Tight lines and Rivers open very soon .

No comments:

Post a Comment