Sunday 4 February 2018

28-1-18 New Perch Water

I wasn't going to write this blog but I can come back for future reference if I need too and it is handy to have a Log of that day.I was looking forward to fishing my No 1 perch water and purchased half a pint of reds with the intention to float fish.The weather looked perfect 10 degrees for January and a sw wind it looked damn good.Then I checked out later on in the evening that the No1 water was closed due to a match,I was gutted.Anyway onwards and upwards I decided to go to a new water that's a huge resovoir,still needs work doing,it's only recently been obtained by the club and hasn't been heavily fished for a few years,so where do you start?????. I arrived just after first light armed with just half a pint of maggots and Lobworms.Id seen a peg on a work party that looked perchy and headed there.Nice sunken tree to my left and the dam wall,looked spot on.It was the perfect place to present the float,as the morning wore on I fed little and often,swapped and changed with length of lobs,fed small pieces of lobs,it just wasn't happening.As I fished into the afternoon it got no better.I decided to fish till the light was fading and hope a big un slipped upped.It didn't happen.When I arrived home I was thinking to my self don't take one rod again with you.My Avon rods have Tip sections aswell,if only I had the top section I could of searched the water out in front of me.So I learned from this trip and will be back at some point to search out the stripes.
Till I blog again,Tight Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment