Thursday 28 December 2017

A Real Hard Frost 28-12-17

Well the dream team were back together today for a Roach Perch Session .The frost was real heavy the night before ,would it prove to be a bite less day.We arrived at the lake,Chris set up in his usual swim fishing his helicopter and maggot feeder ,Me I set up further down fishing Lobworm close in feeding maggots.The wind was cold and the ground pretty frozen from the overnight frost.
View from my swim until the cold wind picked up and was making it difficult to watch the float,Chris had a few small roach under his belt until the hail stones came down real heavy.Chris must have moved his brolly 3 times during the hail periods we had during the morning,Me I had no brolly .
Around lunchtime after another heavy hailstone period again I decided enough was enough and decided to move further up past Chris into a more sheltered corner.As morning became afternoon Chris had caught a few skimmers and two Lovely roach,biggest 1lb 8 Oz.
Lovely conditioned roach .At around 2-30pm Chris suggested why don't we move lakes,of which probably suited me more than him.So we rounded up all the gear and moved.No more hailstones but the temperature had dropped and it was last chance saloon for me or a blank.Fresh lobworm,chopped up some lobs and fed a few maggots and sat back.There were plenty of swirls and perch chasing fry I was hoping they'd discover my Lobworm .Chris was casting around looking for a bite .Anorher coffee was poured trying to keep warm and occasionally topping the swim up with a few reds.
The moon in the distance was looking splendid in the sky ,but time was running out as we approached Dusk.
I just needed my float to sail away but as darkness was coming in thick and fast I admitted defeat as I could no longer see my float.A great day out catching up with Chris and an enjoyable day seeing Chris catching two lovely Roach.
Till the next time or Next year...................

No comments:

Post a Comment