Saturday 25 January 2014

Trip to a new canal 25 January 2014

I decided this last week i would like to try out a new canal,i spent ages on google earth looking at specific areas to fish.I made my mind up to fish 3 areas.The first area would be from the bridge to the lock,then behind the lock,approx 700 yards of leapfrogging two float fished deads,bait choice,roach and smelt.
The starting point.............................................

I had probably made my way to the half way point,no signs of fish movement at all,i had fished one rod far bank and the other down the track,rotating them as i moved.I saw something to the left of my far bank rod and thought it was a pike striking,how wrong i was,it was a minx,working its way across the far bank undergrowth..I had just moved my right hand rod when i noticed my float was now in an upright position,i picked up my rod and struck..................................


I slipped my net under this jack..................................

I moved the rod to the far bank,as i was tightening up to my float i saw the minx heading over towards my other float,dived and went for my dead bait,as i got to my rod the baitrunner was going,i struck hoping it would drop the bait,fortunately i lost the bait and the minx won........................



By now i had approached where i wanted to end up,i decided to walk back to the van,have a butty and a drink,then fish the other side of the canal.


I arrived at the other stretch hoping to get into some more fish.I leapfrogged along and moved above the lock,the sky was lovely until i moved for the second time and the sky was black,hoping it would blow over,but it didnt,thunder and lightning ,hail and now rain.There was no way i was touching the rods just yet,i crouched behind a bush till it cleared and aborted the fishing and back to the van.I had took some perch gear with me and was hoping to do some for the last 2 hours of the day,this will have to wait as i decided to call it a day,due to the weather turning bad.As i sat in the van having a brew i googled no 1 water to see how far away i was,7 miles.As i would be going near there on the way home i decided to head there and if the rain cleared i could be fishing by 2-30.................................

I arrived at the lake,set up in a swim with deep margins,there were 2 anglers carping and one other pike fishing.I stayed till it went dark,still owes me a fish this place,ill be back.

Now its time to get my headspace right and re-group and see where i go from here,Tight Lines.........

No comments:

Post a Comment