Sunday 21 July 2019

Resovoir Carp

So last weekend I went to the resovoir on a long walk to fish an area I’ve had my eye on for a while ,Probably my longest walk with my gear since my heart attack and no breathlessness so all was good there and back.I fished off a point into open water on bottom baits .After sitting there biteless  after over 3 hours I saw signs of fish and moved to a tight little spot just enough room for me and my gear

.
So nothing came for my efforts on that day ,so it was back again today to a different peg and different tactics.I started off with solid bags rather than a boile approach.Id seen signs of fish so one up the channel and one accross to an over hanging tree.Apart from a few beeps and nothing to show I decided to fish the margins as I remember Chris telling me the margins payed off.So a bottom bait on one rod with a PVA bag and bottom bait and a pop up rig on the other rod.
The day was lovely a nice breeze at times and a robin visiting my swim all day looking for discarded bait.Mid afternoon I had a pull on the margin rod and decided to reel in and check it and couldn’t believe I’d been done probably by a bream, so rod back out and a few half boiles over the top and kicked back with a brew .As the day wore on catching a carp was gonna elude me so at 5pm and packed up, I will be back soon.
Tight Lines bloggers .

No comments:

Post a Comment